Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I believe

  1.   7 Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard.
  2.   6 Howbeit I believed not their words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the one half of the greatness of thy wisdom was not told me: for thou exceedest the fame that I heard.
  3.   16 If I had called, and he had answered me; yet would I not believe that he had hearkened unto my voice.
  4.   13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
  5.   10 I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
  6.   66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.
  7.   24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
  8.   36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
          •  •  •
      38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
  9.   27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
  10.   37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
  11.   25 Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.
  12.   18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
  13.   13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
  14.   12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
  15.   16 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father; wherefore, I did not rebel against him like unto my brothers.
  16.   5 And I said: Yea, thou knowest that I believe all the words of my father.
  17.   19 And he said: I fear lest I have committed the unpardonable sin, for I have lied unto God; for I denied the Christ, and said that I believed the scriptures; and they truly testify of him. And because I have thus lied unto God I greatly fear lest my case shall be awful; but I confess unto God.
  18.   7 And he answered and said: Yea, I believe all the words that thou hast taught.
          •  •  •
      9 And he said: Yea, I believe according to thy words.
  19.   23 And the king answered him, and said: Yea, I will believe all thy words. And thus he was caught with guile.
          •  •  •
      29 And he said: Yea, I believe that he created all things which are in the earth; but I do not know the heavens.
          •  •  •
      33 And king Lamoni said: I believe all these things which thou hast spoken. Art thou sent from God?
  20.   9 And Ammon said unto her: Believest thou this? And she said unto him: I have had no witness save thy word, and the word of our servants; nevertheless I believe that it shall be according as thou hast said.
  21.   7 And Aaron answered him and said unto him: Believest thou that there is a God? And the king said: I know that the Amalekites say that there is a God, and I have granted unto them that they should build sanctuaries, that they may assemble themselves together to worship him. And if now thou sayest there is a God, behold I will believe.
          •  •  •
      11 And he said: Yea, I believe that the Great Spirit created all things, and I desire that ye should tell me concerning all these things, and I will believe thy words.
  22.   53 But behold, the devil hath deceived me; for he appeared unto me in the form of an angel, and said unto me: Go and reclaim this people, for they have all gone astray after an unknown God. And he said unto me: There is no God; yea, and he taught me that which I should say. And I have taught his words; and I taught them because they were pleasing unto the carnal mind; and I taught them, even until I had much success, insomuch that I verily believed that they were true; and for this cause I withstood the truth, even until I have brought this great curse upon me.
  23.   25 For I do not mean that ye all of you have been compelled to humble yourselves; for I verily believe that there are some among you who would humble themselves, let them be in whatsoever circumstances they might.
  24.   3 And Helaman said unto him: Yea, I believe.
          •  •  •
      5 And he said: Yea, I believe all the words which thou hast spoken.
  25.   17 I believe the coming of the Son of Man will not be any sooner than that time.
  26.   31 He had on a loose robe of most exquisite whiteness. It was a whiteness beyond anything earthly I had ever seen; nor do I believe that any earthly thing could be made to appear so exceedingly white and brilliant. His hands were naked, and his arms also, a little above the wrist; so, also, were his feet naked, as were his legs, a little above the ankles. His head and neck were also bare. I could discover that he had no other clothing on but this robe, as it was open, so that I could see into his bosom.

No comments:

Post a Comment