Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Have strength

  1. 22 Now therefore, I pray thee, hearken thou also unto the voice of thine handmaid, and let me set a morsel of bread before thee; and eat, that thou mayest have strength, when thou goest on thy way.
  2. 2 How hast thou helped him that is without power? how savest thou the arm that hath no strength?
  3. 4 I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength:
  4. 14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
  5. 51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
  6. 6 And it came to pass that after I had received strength I spake unto my brethren, desiring to know of them the cause of their disputations.
  7. 47 Behold, my soul is rent with anguish because of you, and my heart is pained; I fear lest ye shall be cast off forever. Behold, I am full of the Spirit of God, insomuch that my frame has no strength.
  8. 27 And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.
  9. 31 O Lord, my heart is exceedingly sorrowful; wilt thou comfort my soul in Christ. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I may have strength, that I may suffer with patience these afflictions which shall come upon me, because of the iniquity of this people.
    • • •
    33 Wilt thou grant unto them that they may have strength, that they may bear their afflictions which shall come upon them because of the iniquities of this people.
  10. 4 Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means provided to enable you to translate; but be diligent unto the end.
  11. 7 For thou shalt devote all thy service in Zion; and in this thou shalt have strength.
    • • •
    9 And in temporal labors thou shalt not have strength, for this is not thy calling. Attend to thy calling and thou shalt have wherewith to magnify thine office, and to expound all scriptures, and continue in laying on of the hands and confirming the churches.
  12. 20 He again forbade me to join with any of them; and many other things did he say unto me, which I cannot write at this time. When I came to myself again, I found myself lying on my back, looking up into heaven. When the light had departed, I had no strength; but soon recovering in some degree, I went home. And as I leaned up to the fireplace, mother inquired what the matter was. I replied, “Never mind, all is well—I am well enough off.” I then said to my mother, “I have learned for myself that Presbyterianism is not true.” It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment