Saturday, March 10, 2012

"Hear me"

  1. 8 And he communed with them, saying, If it be your mind that I should bury my dead out of my sight; hear me, and intreat for me to Ephron the son of Zohar,
    • • •
    11 Nay, my lord, hear me: the field give I thee, and the cave that is therein, I give it thee; in the presence of the sons of my people give I it thee: bury thy dead.
    • • •
    13 And he spake unto Ephron in the audience of the people of the land, saying, But if thou wilt give it, I pray thee, hear me: I will give thee money for the field; take it of me, and I will bury my dead there.
  2. 12 And Moses spake before the Lord, saying, Behold, the children of Israel have not hearkened unto me; how then shall Pharaoh hear me, who am of uncircumcised lips?
  3. 26 But the Lord was wroth with me for your sakes, and would not hear me: and the Lord said unto me, Let it suffice thee; speak no more unto me of this matter.
  4. 37 Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
  5. 2 Then David the king stood up upon his feet, and said, Hear me, my brethren, and my people: As for me, I had in mine heart to build an house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and for the footstool of our God, and had made ready for the building:
  6. 4 ¶ And Abijah stood up upon mount Zemaraim, which is in mount Ephraim, and said, Hear me, thou Jeroboam, and all Israel;
  7. 2 And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The Lord is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.
  8. 20 ¶ And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
  9. 11 Now hear me therefore, and deliver the captives again, which ye have taken captive of your brethren: for the fierce wrath of the Lord is upon you.
  10. 5 And said unto them, Hear me, ye Levites, sanctify now yourselves, and sanctify the house of the Lord God of your fathers, and carry forth the filthiness out of the holy place.
  11. 17 I will shew thee, hear me; and that which I have seen I will declare;
  12. 20 I cry unto thee, and thou dost not hear me: I stand up, and thou regardest me not.
  13. 35 Oh that one would hear me! behold, my desire is, that the Almighty would answer me, and that mine adversary had written a book.
  14. 1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
  15. 3 Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
  16. 6 I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
  17. 44 As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.
  18. 16 For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.
  19. 2 Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise;
  20. 5 That thy beloved may be delivered; save with thy right hand, and hear me.
  21. 18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
  22. 13 But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.
    • • •
    16 Hear me, O Lord; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies.
    17 And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily.
  23. 1 Bow down thine ear, O Lord, hear me: for I am poor and needy.
  24. 145 I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O Lord: I will keep thy statutes.
  25. 7 Hear me speedily, O Lord: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
  26. 7 Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.
  27. 7 Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
  28. 3 Especially because I know thee to be expert in all customs and questions which are among the Jews: wherefore I beseech thee to hear me patiently.
    • • •
    29 And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.
  29. 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
  30. 29 And it came to pass that I called after them, and they did hear me; wherefore they did cease to flee from my presence.
  31. 27 Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife; and concubines he shall have none;
  32. 43 And now, my brethren, I would that ye should hear me, for I speak in the energy of my soul; for behold, I have spoken unto you plainly that ye cannot err, or have spoken according to the commandments of God.
  33. 5 Yea, O God, and thou wast merciful unto me when I did cry unto thee in my field; when I did cry unto thee in my prayer, and thou didst hear me.
    6 And again, O God, when I did turn to my house thou didst hear me in my prayer.
    7 And when I did turn unto my closet, O Lord, and prayed unto thee, thou didst hear me.
    • • •
    11 And thou didst hear me because of mine afflictions and my sincerity; and it is because of thy Son that thou hast been thus merciful unto me, therefore I will cry unto thee in all mine afflictions, for in thee is my joy; for thou hast turned thy judgments away from me, because of thy Son.
  34. 17 And it shall come to pass, because of the wickedness of the world, that I will take vengeance upon the wicked, for they will not repent; for the cup of mine indignation is full; for behold, my blood shall not cleanse them if they hear me not.
  35. 1 Hearken and hear, O ye my people, saith the Lord and your God, ye whom I delight to bless with the greatest of all blessings, ye that hear me; and ye that hear me not will I curse, that have professed my name, with the heaviest of all cursings.

No comments:

Post a Comment