Friday, April 1, 2011

"For a season"

  1. 3 Now for a long season Israel hath been without the true God, and without a teaching priest, and without law.
  2. 12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
  3. 13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.
  4. 35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
  5. 11 And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.
  6. 22 So he sent into Macedonia two of them that ministered unto him, Timotheus and Erastus; but he himself stayed in Asia for a season.
  7. 8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.
  8. 15 For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever;
  9. 25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
  10. 6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
  11. 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
  12. 11 But if it be not built upon my gospel, and is built upon the works of men, or upon the works of the devil, verily I say unto you they have joy in their works for a season, and by and by the end cometh, and they are hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence there is no return.
  13. 14 And this is the reason that thou hast lost thy privileges for a season
  14. 30 And if this be the case, behold, I say unto thee Joseph, when thou hast translated a few more pages thou shalt stop for a season, even until I command thee again; then thou mayest translate again.
  15. 22 And again, verily, verily, I say unto you that when the thousand years are ended, and men again begin to deny their God, then will I spare the earth but for a little season;
  16. 5 And I give unto them a commandment that they shall go forth for a little season, and it shall be given by the power of the Spirit when they shall return.
  17. 31 For Satan shall be bound, and when he is loosed again he shall only reign for a little season, and then cometh the end of the earth.
  18. 16 And I consecrate unto them this land for a little season, until I, the Lord, shall provide for them otherwise, and command them to go hence;
  19. 42 Let my servant Newel K. Whitney retain his store, or in other words, the store, yet for a little season.
  20. 3 Verily this is a mission for a season, which I give unto you.
  21. 71 And let those whom they have warned in their traveling call on the Lord, and ponder the warning in their hearts which they have received, for a little season.
    • • •
    111 And then he shall be loosed for a little season, that he may gather together his armies.
  22. 13 And now I give unto you a word concerning Zion. Zion shall be redeemed, although she is chastened for a little season.
  23. 4 And that those who call themselves after my name might be chastened for a little season with a sore and grievous chastisement, because they did not hearken altogether unto the precepts and commandments which I gave unto them.
  24. 9 Therefore, in consequence of the transgressions of my people, it is expedient in me that mine elders should wait for a little season for the redemption of Zion—
    • • •
    13 Therefore it is expedient in me that mine elders should wait for a little season, for the redemption of Zion.
    • • •
    21 And those that cannot stay, who have families in the east, let them tarry for a little season, inasmuch as my servant Joseph shall appoint unto them;
  25. 18 For on them have I laid the burden of all the churches for a little season.
  26. 2 Let my servant Thomas remain for a season in the land of Zion, to publish my word.
  27. 1 Forasmuch as the Lord has revealed unto me that my enemies, both in Missouri and this State, were again in the pursuit of me; and inasmuch as they pursue me without a cause, and have not the least shadow or coloring of justice or right on their side in the getting up of their prosecutions against me; and inasmuch as their pretensions are all founded in falsehood of the blackest dye, I have thought it expedient and wisdom in me to leave the place for a short season, for my own safety and the safety of this people. I would say to all those with whom I have business, that I have left my affairs with agents and clerks who will transact all business in a prompt and proper manner, and will see that all my debts are canceled in due time, by turning out property, or otherwise, as the case may require, or as the circumstances may admit of. When I learn that the storm is fully blown over, then I will return to you again.
  28. 48 And it came to pass that Enoch looked upon the earth; and he heard a voice from the bowels thereof, saying: Wo, wo is me, the mother of men; I am pained, I am weary, because of the wickedness of my children. When shall I rest, and be cleansed from the filthiness which is gone forth out of me? When will my Creator sanctify me, that I may rest, and righteousness for a season abide upon my face?
  29. 66 On the 5th day of April, 1829, Oliver Cowdery came to my house, until which time I had never seen him. He stated to me that having been teaching school in the neighborhood where my father resided, and my father being one of those who sent to the school, he went to board for a season at his house, and while there the family related to him the circumstances of my having received the plates, and accordingly he had come to make inquiries of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment