Thursday, October 2, 2014

From hell

  1.   13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
  2.   24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.
  3.   14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
  4.   13 O that ye would awake; awake from a deep sleep, yea, even from the sleep of hell, and shake off the awful chains by which ye are bound, which are the chains which bind the children of men, that they are carried away captive down to the eternal gulf of misery and woe.
          •  •  •
      15 But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love.
  5.   10 O how great the goodness of our God, who prepareth a way for our escape from the grasp of this awful monster; yea, that monster, death and hell, which I call the death of the body, and also the death of the spirit.
  6.   6 I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.
  7.   11 O my brethren, hearken unto my words; arouse the faculties of your souls; shake yourselves that ye may awake from the slumber of death; and loose yourselves from the pains of hell that ye may not become angels to the devil, to be cast into that lake of fire and brimstone which is the second death.
  8.   6 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, you that belong to this church, have you sufficiently retained in remembrance the captivity of your fathers? Yea, and have you sufficiently retained in remembrance his mercy and long-suffering towards them? And moreover, have ye sufficiently retained in remembrance that he has delivered their souls from hell?
          •  •  •
      10 And now I ask of you on what conditions are they saved? Yea, what grounds had they to hope for salvation? What is the cause of their being loosed from the bands of death, yea, and also the chains of hell?
  9.   29 And it came to pass that she went and took the queen by the hand, that perhaps she might raise her from the ground; and as soon as she touched her hand she arose and stood upon her feet, and cried with a loud voice, saying: O blessed Jesus, who has saved me from an awful hell! O blessed God, have mercy on this people!
  10.   13 Behold, how many thousands of our brethren has he loosed from the pains of hell; and they are brought to sing redeeming love, and this because of the power of his word which is in us, therefore have we not great reason to rejoice?
      14 Yea, we have reason to praise him forever, for he is the Most High God, and has loosed our brethren from the chains of hell.
  11.   38 And, behold, there is a place prepared for them from the beginning, which place is hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment