Sunday, June 1, 2014

Cause of affliction

  1.   12 I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor.
  2.   23 Now this was in the second year of the reign of Alma, and it was a cause of much affliction to the church; yea, it was the cause of much trial with the church.
  3.   7 Now this was the cause of much affliction to Alma, yea, and to many of the people whom Alma had consecrated to be ateachers, and bpriests, and celders over the church; yea, many of them were sorely grieved for the wickedness which they saw had begun to be among their people.
  4.   5 And I trust, according to the Spirit of God which is in me, that I shall also have joy over you; nevertheless I do not desire that my joy over you should come by the cause of so much afflictions and sorrow which I have had for the brethren at Zarahemla, for behold, my joy cometh over them after wading through much affliction and sorrow.
  5.   4 And it is those who have sought to take away the judgment-seat from me that have been the cause of this great iniquity; for they have used great aflattery, and they have bled away the hearts of many people, which will be the cause of sore affliction among us; they have withheld our provisions, and have daunted our cfreemen that they have not come unto you.
  6.   42 You have not ataught your children light and truth, according to the commandments; and that wicked one hath power, as yet, over you, and this is the cause of your baffliction.

No comments:

Post a Comment