Friday, May 25, 2018

Answer him

  1.   3 And Joseph said unto his brethren, I am Joseph; doth my father yet live? And his brethren could not answer him; for they were troubled at his presence.
  2.   19 And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.
  3.   8 ¶ And he went up thence to Penuel, and spake unto them likewise: and the men of Penuel answered him as the men of Succoth had answered him.
  4.   4 ¶ And, behold, Boaz came from Beth-lehem, and said unto the reapers, The Lord be with you. And they answered him, The Lord bless thee.
  5.   16 And if any man said unto him, Let them not fail to burn the fat presently, and then take as much as thy soul desireth; then he would answer him, Nay; but thou shalt give it me now: and if not, I will take it by force.
  6.   37 And Saul asked counsel of God, Shall I go down after the Philistines? wilt thou deliver them into the hand of Israel? But he answered him not that day.
          •  •  •
      39 For, as the Lord liveth, which saveth Israel, though it be in Jonathan my son, he shall surely die. But there was not a man among all the people that answered him.
  7.   27 And the people answered him after this manner, saying, So shall it be done to the man that killeth him.
          •  •  •
      30 And he turned from him toward another, and spake after the same manner: and the people answered him again after the former manner.
  8.   4 Then David enquired of the Lord yet again. And the Lord answered him and said, Arise, go down to Keilah; for I will deliver the Philistines into thine hand.
  9.   6 And when Saul enquired of the Lord, the Lord answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.
  10.   8 And David enquired at the Lord, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.
  11.   8 And he said unto me, Who art thou? And I answered him, I am an Amalekite.
  12.   12 And she answered him, Nay, my brother, do not force me; for no such thing ought to be done in Israel: do not thou this folly.
  13.   8 And he answered him, I am: go, tell thy lord, Behold, Elijah is here.
          •  •  •
      21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
  14.   15 ¶ So he came to the king. And the king said unto him, Micaiah, shall we go against Ramoth-gilead to battle, or shall we forbear? And he answered him, Go, and prosper: for the Lord shall deliver it into the hand of the king.
  15.   8 And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite.
  16.   29 Then he said to Gehazi, Gird up thy loins, and take my staff in thine hand, and go thy way: if thou meet any man, salute him not; and if any salute thee, answer him not again: and lay my staff upon the face of the child.
  17.   36 But the people held their peace, and answered him not a word: for the king’s commandment was, saying, Answer him not.
  18.   26 And David built there an altar unto the Lord, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and called upon the Lord; and he answered him from heaven by fire upon the altar of burnt offering.
          •  •  •
      28 ¶ At that time when David saw that the Lord had answered him in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite, then he sacrificed there.
  19.   3 And Ahab king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat king of Judah, Wilt thou go with me to Ramoth-gilead? And he answered him, I am as thou art, and my people as thy people; and we will be with thee in the war.
  20.   10 And Azariah the chief priest of the house of Zadok answered him, and said, Since the people began to bring the offerings into the house of the Lord, we have had enough to eat, and have left plenty: for the Lord hath blessed his people; and that which is left is this great store.
  21.   3 If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand.
          •  •  •
      14 How much less shall I answer him, and choose out my words to reason with him?
          •  •  •
      32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
  22.   4 I am as one mocked of his neighbour, who calleth upon God, and he answereth him: the just upright man is laughed to scorn.
  23.   14 What then shall I do when God riseth up? and when he visiteth, what shall I answer him?
  24.   14 Now he hath not directed his words against me: neither will I answer him with your speeches.
  25.   15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
  26.   42 So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.
  27.   11 My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.
  28.   20 For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.
  29.   21 But they held their peace, and answered him not a word: for the king’s commandment was, saying, Answer him not.
  30.   4 Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the Lord will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;
          •  •  •
      7 For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to enquire of him concerning me; I the Lord will answer him by myself:
  31.   5 O my people, remember now what Balak king of Moab consulted, and what Balaam the son of Beor answered him from Shittim unto Gilgal; that ye may know the righteousness of the Lord.
  32.   28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
  33.   46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.
  34.   37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
          •  •  •
      44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
  35.   14 And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.
  36.   4 And his disciples answered him, From whence can a man satisfy these men with bread here in the wilderness?
  37.   19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
          •  •  •
      38 ¶ And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
  38.   29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
  39.   40 And when he returned, he found them asleep again, (for their eyes were heavy,) neither wist they what to answer him.
  40.   4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
  41.   50 But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.
  42.   15 The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering?
  43.   6 And they could not answer him again to these things.
  44.   3 And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answered him and said, Thou sayest it.
          •  •  •
      9 Then he questioned with him in many words; but he answered him nothing.
          •  •  •
      40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
  45.   7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
  46.   7 Philip answered him, Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little.
          •  •  •
      68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
  47.   33 ¶ They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
  48.   33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
  49.   34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?
  50.   8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
          •  •  •
      36 ¶ Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.
          •  •  •
      38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.
  51.   5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
          •  •  •
      20 Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.
          •  •  •
      23 Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me?
          •  •  •
      34 Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
  52.   7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
  53.   5 Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.
  54.   22 And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.
  55.   17 And it came to pass that Alma and Amulek answered him nothing; and he smote them again, and delivered them to the officers to be cast into prison.
  56.   14 Therefore Ammon turned himself unto the king, and said unto him: What wilt thou that I should do for thee, O king? And the king answered him not for the space of an hour, according to their time, for he knew not what he should say unto him.
      15 And it came to pass that Ammon said unto him again: What desirest thou of me? But the king answered him not.
          •  •  •
      23 And the king answered him, and said: Yea, I will believe all thy words. And thus he was caught with guile.
  57.   19 Now when Ammon had said these words unto him, he answered him, saying: I know that if I should slay my son, that I should shed innocent blood; for it is thou that hast sought to destroy him.
  58.   7 And Aaron answered him and said unto him: Believest thou that there is a God? And the king said: I know that the Amalekites say that there is a God, and I have granted unto them that they should build sanctuaries, that they may assemble themselves together to worship him. And if now thou sayest there is a God, behold I will believe.
  59.   36 And Korihor answered him, Yea.
  60.   10 And his disciples answered him and said: Yea, Lord, Samuel did prophesy according to thy words, and they were all fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment