Saturday, September 17, 2011

O that

  1.   18 And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!
  2.   29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!
  3.   29 O that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end!
  4.   28 And Samson called unto the Lord, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.
  5.   4 Absalom said moreover, Oh that I were made judge in the land, that every man which hath any suit or cause might come unto me, and I would do him justice!
  6.   15 And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Beth-lehem, which is by the gate!
          •  •  •
      17 And he said, Be it far from me, O Lord, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men.
  7.   10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
  8.   17 And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Beth-lehem, that is at the gate!
  9.   2 Oh that my grief were throughly weighed, and my calamity laid in the balances together!
          •  •  •
      8 Oh that I might have my request; and that God would grant me the thing that I long for!
  10.   7 O remember that my life is wind: mine eye shall no more see good.
  11.   18 Wherefore then hast thou brought me forth out of the womb? Oh that I had given up the ghost, and no eye had seen me!
  12.   5 But oh that God would speak, and open his lips against thee;
  13.   5 O that ye would altogether hold your peace! and it should be your wisdom.
  14.   13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!
  15.   21 O that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleadeth for his neighbour!
  16.   23 Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
  17.   3 Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat!
  18.   2 Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when God preserved me;
  19.   31 If the men of my tabernacle said not, Oh that we had of his flesh! we cannot be satisfied.
          •  •  •
      35 Oh that one would hear me! behold, my desire is, that the Almighty would answer me, and that mine adversary had written a book.
  20.   20 Put them in fear, O Lord: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.
  21.   7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the Lord bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.
  22.   7 Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.
  23.   3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
  24.   6 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! When God bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.
  25.   6 And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest.
  26.   2 O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.
  27.   28 Thy God hath commanded thy strength: strengthen, O God, that which thou hast wrought for us.
  28.   13 Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!
  29.   8 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
          •  •  •
      15 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
          •  •  •
      21 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
          •  •  •
      31 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
  30.   5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
          •  •  •
      75 I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.
  31.   1 Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.
  32.   21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
  33.   1 O that thou wert as my brother, that sucked the breasts of my mother! when I should find thee without, I would kiss thee; yea, I should not be despised.
  34.   9 ¶ O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!
  35.   18 O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:
  36.   1 Oh that thou wouldest rend the heavens, that thou wouldest come down, that the mountains might flow down at thy presence,
  37.   1 Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!
      2 Oh that I had in the wilderness a lodging place of wayfaring men; that I might leave my people, and go from them! for they be all adulterers, an assembly of treacherous men.
  38.   28 O ye that dwell in Moab, leave the cities, and dwell in the rock, and be like the dove that maketh her nest in the sides of the hole’s mouth.
  39.   16 Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill: though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the Lord.
  40.   13 O thou that dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasures, thine end is come, and the measure of thy covetousness.
  41.   7 The morning is come unto thee, O thou that dwellest in the land: the time is come, the day of trouble is near, and not the sounding again of the mountains.
  42.   3 And say unto Tyrus, O thou that art situate at the entry of the sea, which art a merchant of the people for many isles, Thus saith the Lord God; O Tyrus, thou hast said, I am of perfect beauty.
          •  •  •
      8 The inhabitants of Zidon and Arvad were thy mariners: thy wise men, O Tyrus, that were in thee, were thy pilots.
  43.   18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
  44.   22 It is thou, O king, that art grown and become strong: for thy greatness is grown, and reacheth unto heaven, and thy dominion to the end of the earth.
  45.   15 Then these men assembled unto the king, and said unto the king, Know, O king, that the law of the Medes and Persians is, That no decree nor statute which the king establisheth may be changed.
  46.   4 ¶ Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,
  47.   7 ¶ O thou that art named the house of Jacob, is the spirit of the Lord straitened? are these his doings? do not my words do good to him that walketh uprightly?
  48.   7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.
  49.   1 Open thy doors, O Lebanon, that the fire may devour thy cedars.
  50.   6 ¶ A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the Lord of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?
  51.   3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
  52.   9 And when my father saw that the waters of the river emptied into the fountain of the Red Sea, he spake unto Laman, saying: O that thou mightest be like unto this river, continually running into the fountain of all righteousness!
      10 And he also spake unto Lemuel: O that thou mightest be like unto this valley, firm and steadfast, and immovable in keeping the commandments of the Lord!
  53.   18 O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments—then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea.
  54.   13 O that ye would awake; awake from a deep sleep, yea, even from the sleep of hell, and shake off the awful chains by which ye are bound, which are the chains which bind the children of men, that they are carried away captive down to the eternal gulf of misery and woe.
  55.   28 O that cunning plan of the evil one! O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.
  56.   15 O that he would show you that he can pierce you, and with one glance of his eye he can smite you to the dust!
      16 O that he would rid you from this iniquity and abomination. And, O that ye would listen unto the word of his commands, and let not this pride of your hearts destroy your souls!
  57.   1 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!
  58.   13 O ye that are bound down under a foolish and a vain hope, why do ye yoke yourselves with such foolish things? Why do ye look for a Christ? For no man can know of anything which is to come.
  59.   18 And again we thank thee, O God, that we are a chosen and a holy people. Amen.
  60.   7 Oh, that I could have had my days in the days when my father Nephi first came out of the land of Jerusalem, that I could have joyed with him in the promised land; then were his people easy to be entreated, firm to keep the commandments of God, and slow to be led to do iniquity; and they were quick to hearken unto the words of the Lord—
  61.   33 O that I had repented, and had not killed the prophets, and stoned them, and cast them out. Yea, in that day ye shall say: O that we had remembered the Lord our God in the day that he gave us our riches, and then they would not have become slippery that we should lose them; for behold, our riches are gone from us.
          •  •  •
      36 O that we had repented in the day that the word of the Lord came unto us; for behold the land is cursed, and all things are become slippery, and we cannot hold them.
  62.   24 And in one place they were heard to cry, saying: O that we had repented before this great and terrible day, and then would our brethren have been spared, and they would not have been burned in that great city Zarahemla.
      25 And in another place they were heard to cry and mourn, saying: O that we had repented before this great and terrible day, and had not killed and stoned the prophets, and cast them out; then would our mothers and our fair daughters, and our children have been spared, and not have been buried up in that great city Moronihah. And thus were the howlings of the people great and terrible.
  63.   22 O that ye had repented before this great destruction had come upon you. But behold, ye are gone, and the Father, yea, the Eternal Father of heaven, knoweth your state; and he doeth with you according to his justice and mercy.
  64.   4 And I know, O Lord, that thou hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones, O Lord, with thy finger, and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness; and they shall shine forth unto us in the vessels which we have prepared, that we may have light while we shall cross the sea.
  65.   2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.
  66.   3 And now thou beholdest, O Lord, that thy servants have done according to thy commandment.
          •  •  •
      31 For thou knowest, O Lord, that thy servants have been innocent before thee in bearing record of thy name, for which they have suffered these things.
          •  •  •
      48 Thou knowest, O Lord, that they have been greatly oppressed and afflicted by wicked men; and our hearts flow out with sorrow because of their grievous burdens.
  67.   40 Calling upon the name of the Lord day and night, saying: O that thou wouldst rend the heavens, that thou wouldst come down, that the mountains might flow down at thy presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment