Saturday, June 4, 2011

Keep the records

  1.   16 And thus my father, Lehi, did discover the genealogy of his fathers. And Laban also was a descendant of aJoseph, wherefore he and his fathers had kept the brecords.
  2.   29 And I, Nephi, had kept the arecords upon my plates, which I had made, of my people thus far.
  3.   9 Now I, Chemish, write what few things I write, in the same book with my brother; for behold, I saw the last which he wrote, that he wrote it with his own hand; and he wrote it in the day that he delivered them unto me. And after this manner we keep the arecords, for it is according to the commandments of our fathers. And I make an end.
  4.   6 But they taught them that they should keep their record, and that they might write one to another.
  5.   20 And now, as I said unto you, that after king Mosiah had done these things, he took the plates of abrass, and all the things which he had kept, and bconferred them upon Alma, who was the son of Alma; yea, all the records, and also the cinterpreters, and conferred them upon him, and commanded him that he should keep and dpreserve them, and also keep a record of the people, handing them down from one generation to another, even as they had been handed down from the time that Lehi left Jerusalem.
  6.   12 And it is they who have kept the records which are atrue of their people, and also of the people of the Lamanites.
  7.   2 And I also command you that ye keep a arecord of this people, according as I have done, upon the plates of Nephi, and keep all these things sacred which I have kept, even as I have kept them; for it is for a bwise purpose that they are kept.
  8.   3 Then he adeparted out of the land, and bwhither he went, no man knoweth; and his son Nephi did keep the records in his stead, yea, the record of this people.
  9.   1 And now it came to pass that according to our record, and we know our record to be atrue, for behold, it was a bjust man who did keep the record—for he truly did cmany dmiracles in the ename of Jesus; and there was not any man who could do a miracle in the name of Jesus save he were cleansed every whit from his iniquity—
  10.   21 And it came to pass that aAmos died also, (and it was an hundred and ninety and four years from the coming of Christ) and his son Amos kept the record in his stead; and he also kept it upon the plates of Nephi; and it was also written in the book of Nephi, which is this book.
          •  •  •
      47 And it came to pass that after three hundred and five years had passed away, (and the people did still remain in wickedness) aAmos died; and his brother, Ammaron, did keep the record in his stead.
     
  11.   3 And again, I say unto you that it shall be appointed unto him to keep the church arecord and history continually; for Oliver Cowdery I have appointed to another office.
  12.  

No comments:

Post a Comment