Friday, September 24, 2010

"Swallow . . . up"

  1. 30 But if the Lord make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the Lord.
    • • •
    34 And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also.
  2. 19 I am one of them that are peaceable and faithful in Israel: thou seekest to destroy a city and a mother in Israel: why wilt thou swallow up the inheritance of the Lord?
    20 And Joab answered and said, Far be it, far be it from me, that I should swallow up or destroy.
  3. 9 Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the Lord shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
  4. 1 Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me.
    2 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.
  5. 3 He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth.
  6. 15 Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.
  7. 12 Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:
  8. 12 The words of a wise man’s mouth are gracious; but the lips of a fool will swallow up himself.
  9. 8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it.
  10. 7 For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.
  11. 4 ¶ Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,
  12. 17 ¶ Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
  13. 5 And they that kill the prophets, and the saints, the depths of the earth shall swallow them up, saith the Lord of Hosts; and mountains shall cover them, and whirlwinds shall carry them away, and buildings shall fall upon them and crush them to pieces and grind them to powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment