Monday, September 27, 2010

"For naught"

  1. 15 ¶ And Laban said unto Jacob, Because thou art my brother, shouldest thou therefore serve me for nought? tell me, what shall thy wages be?
  2. 9 Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
  3. 6 For thou hast taken a pledge from thy brother for nought, and stripped the naked of their clothing.
  4. 12 Thou sellest thy people for nought, and dost not increase thy wealth by their price.
  5. 4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God.
  6. 3 For thus saith the Lord, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money.
    • • •
    5 Now therefore, what have I here, saith the Lord, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the Lord; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.
  7. 10 Who is there even among you that would shut the doors for nought? neither do ye kindle fire on mine altar for nought. I have no pleasure in you, saith the Lord of hosts, neither will I accept an offering at your hand.
  8. 8 Neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
  9. 4 Then I said, I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for naught and in vain; surely my judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God.
  10. 10 And when these things have passed away a speedy destruction cometh unto my people; for, notwithstanding the pains of my soul, I have seen it; wherefore, I know that it shall come to pass; and they sell themselves for naught; for, for the reward of their pride and their foolishness they shall reap destruction; for because they yield unto the devil and choose works of darkness rather than light, therefore they must go down to hell.
  11. 38 For thus saith the Lord: Ye have sold yourselves for naught, and ye shall be redeemed without money.

No comments:

Post a Comment