Saturday, February 21, 2015

Have great

  1.   6 And as for the awestern border, ye shall even have bthe great csea for a border: this shall be your west border.
  2.   19 Now therefore call unto me all the prophets of Baal, all his servants, and all his priests; let none be wanting: for I have a great sacrifice to do to Baal; whosoever shall be wanting, he shall not live. But Jehu did it in subtilty, to the intent that he might destroy the worshippers of Baal.
  3.   15 And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out by reason of the sickness day by day.
  4.   16 And I will set fire in Egypt: Sin shall have great pain, and No shall be rent asunder, and Noph shall have distresses daily.
  5.   2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
  6.   23 But now having no more aplace in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come unto you;
  7.   7 For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the abowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.
  8.   14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the aheavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
  9.   12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
  10.   1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was alightened with his glory.
  11.   16 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires to know of the amysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did bvisit me, and did csoften my heart that I did dbelieve all the words which had been spoken by my efather; wherefore, I did not frebel against him like unto my brothers.
  12.   25 And upon the wings of his Spirit hath my body been acarried away upon exceedingly high mountains. And mine eyes have beheld great things, yea, even too great for man; therefore I was bidden that I should not write them.
  13.   3 And we, ourselves, also, through the infinite agoodness of God, and the manifestations of his Spirit, have great views of that which is to come; and were it expedient, we could prophesy of all things.
  14.   16 And Ammon said that a seer is a revelator and a prophet also; and a gift which is greater can no man have, except he should possess the power of God, which no man can; yet a man may have great power given him from God.
  15.   3 And behold, I have come having great hopes and much desire that I should find that ye had humbled yourselves before God, and that ye had continued in the supplicating of his grace, that I should find that ye were blameless before him, that I should find that ye were not in the awful adilemma that our brethren were in at Zarahemla.
          •  •  •
      17 And now my beloved brethren, do you believe these things? Behold, I say unto you, yea, I know that ye believe them; and the way that I know that ye believe them is by the manifestation of the Spirit which is in me. And now because your faith is strong concerning that, yea, concerning the things which I have spoken, great is my joy.
  16.   20 And it came to pass that they departed and went their ways, but came again on the morrow; and the judge also smote them again on their cheeks. And many came forth also, and smote them, saying: Will ye stand again and judge this people, and condemn our law? If ye have such great power why do ye not adeliver yourselves?
  17.   4 And now it came to pass that when the king had sent forth this proclamation, that Aaron and his brethren went forth from acity to city, and from one house of worship to another, establishing churches, and consecrating bpriests and teachers throughout the land among the Lamanites, to preach and to teach the word of God among them; and thus they began to have great success.
  18.   30 And thus we can plainly discern, that after a people have been once aenlightened by the bSpirit of God, and have had great cknowledge of things pertaining to righteousness, and then have dfallen away into sin and transgression, they become more ehardened, and thus their state becomes fworse than though they had never known these things.
  19.   2 And now, my son, I trust that I shall have great joy in you, because of your asteadiness and your faithfulness unto God; for as you have commenced in your youth to look to the Lord your God, even so I hope that you will continue in keeping his commandments; for blessed is he that bendureth to the end.
      3 I say unto you, my son, that I have had great joy in thee already, because of thy faithfulness and thy diligence, and thy patience and thy long-suffering among the people of the aZoramites.
  20.   9 But behold, here is one thing in which we may have great joy. For behold, in the twenty and sixth year, I, Helaman, did march at the head of these atwo thousand young men to the city of bJudea, to assist Antipus, whom ye had appointed a leader over the people of that part of the land.
  21.   4 And it is those who have sought to take away the judgment-seat from me that have been the cause of this great iniquity; for they have used great aflattery, and they have bled away the hearts of many people, which will be the cause of sore affliction among us; they have withheld our provisions, and have daunted our cfreemen that they have not come unto you.
  22.   3 Nevertheless, the people of the church did have great joy because of the conversion of the Lamanites, yea, because of the church of God, which had been established among them. And they did afellowship one with another, and did rejoice one with another, and did have great joy.
          •  •  •
      14 And in the sixty and fifth year they did also have great joy and peace, yea, much preaching and many prophecies concerning that which was to come. And thus passed away the sixty and fifth year.
  23.   15 And because of my amourning and lamentation ye have gathered yourselves together, and do marvel; yea, and ye have great need to marvel; yea, ye ought to marvel because ye are given away that the devil has got so great hold upon your hearts.
  24.   18 And behold, the people did rejoice and glorify God, and the whole face of the land was filled with rejoicing; and they did no more seek to destroy Nephi, but they did esteem him as a agreat prophet, and a man of God, having great power and authority given unto him from God.
          •  •  •
      21 And it came to pass that the seventy and sixth year did end in peace. And the seventy and seventh year began in peace; and the achurch did spread throughout the face of all the land; and the more part of the people, both the Nephites and the Lamanites, did belong to the church; and they did have exceedingly great peace in the land; and thus ended the seventy and seventh year.
  25.   2 Yea, except ye repent, your women shall have great cause to mourn in the day that they shall give suck; for ye shall attempt to flee and there shall be no place for arefuge; yea, and wo unto them which are bwith child, for they shall be heavy and cannot flee; therefore, they shall be trodden down and shall be left to perish.
  26.   4 Therefore, there was no chance for the robbers to plunder and to obtain food, save it were to come up in open battle against the Nephites; and the Nephites being in one body, and having so great a number, and having reserved for themselves provisions, and ahorses and cattle, and flocks of every kind, that they might subsist for the space of bseven years, in the which time they did hope to destroy the robbers from off the face of the land; and thus the eighteenth year did pass away.
  27.   18 And it came to pass that in the ending of the thirty and fourth year, behold, I will show unto you that the people of Nephi who were spared, and also those who had been called aLamanites, who had been spared, did have great favors shown unto them, and great bblessings poured out upon their heads, insomuch that soon after the cascension of Christ into heaven he did truly manifest himself unto them—
  28.   12 For aye shall have great joy and be exceedingly glad, for great shall be your breward in heaven; for so cpersecuted they the prophets who were before you.
  29.   9 And also that a knowledge of these things must acome unto the remnant of these people, and also unto the Gentiles, who the Lord hath said should bscatter this people, and this people should be counted as naught among them—therefore cI write a dsmall abridgment, daring not to give a full account of the things which I have seen, because of the commandment which I have received, and also that ye might not have too great sorrow because of the wickedness of this people.
  30.   13 Therefore, having so great witnesses, by athem shall the world be judged, even as many as shall hereafter come to a knowledge of this work.
  31.   33 And from thence, whosoever I will shall go forth among aall nations, and it shall be told them what they shall do; for I have a great work laid up in store, for Israel shall be bsaved, and I will clead them whithersoever I will, and no power shall dstay my hand.
  32.   8 And verily I say unto thee, thine heart is now right before me at this time; and, behold, I have bestowed great ablessings upon thy head;
          •  •  •
      12 And it shall come to pass that power shall arest upon thee; thou shalt have great faith, and I will be with thee and go before thy face.
  33.   6 Let thy habitation be known in Zion, and aremove not thy house; for I, the Lord, have a great work for thee to do, in publishing my name among the children of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment