Thursday, April 10, 2014

I command you

  1.   8 And Moses said unto them, Stand still, and I will ahear what the Lord will command concerning you.
  2.   18 And I commanded you at that time all the things which ye should do.
  3.   18 ¶ And I commanded you at that time, saying, The Lord your God hath given you this land to possess it: ye shall pass over armed before your brethren the children of Israel, aall that are meet for the war.
  4.   2 Ye shall not aadd unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.
  5.   16 And I alooked, and, behold, ye had bsinned against the Lord your God, and had made you a molten calf: ye had turned aside quickly out of the way which the Lord had commanded you.
  6.   8 Therefore shall ye keep all the commandments which I command you this day, that ye may be astrong, and go in and bpossess the land, whither ye go to possess it;
          •  •  •
      13 ¶ And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to alove the Lord your God, and to bserve him with all your heart and with all your soul,
          •  •  •
      22 ¶ For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the Lord your God, to awalk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;
          •  •  •
      27 A ablessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day:
      28 And a acurse, if ye will not bobey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.
  7.   11 Then there shall be a place which the Lord your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the Lord:
          •  •  •
      32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not aadd thereto, nor bdiminish from it.
  8.   1 And Moses with the aelders of Israel commanded the people, saying, bKeep all the commandments which I command you this day.
          •  •  •
      4 Therefore it shall be when ye be gone over Jordan, that ye shall set up these stones, which I command you this day, in mount Ebal, and thou shalt plaister them with plaister.
  9.   5 And the Lord shall give them up before your face, that ye may do unto them according unto all the commandments which I have commanded you.
          •  •  •
      29 For I know that after my death ye will utterly acorrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the blatter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.
  10.   8 And it shall be, when ye have taken the city, that ye shall set the city on fire: according to the commandment of the Lord shall ye do. See, I have commanded you.
  11.   2 And said unto them, Ye have kept all that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, and have obeyed my voice in all that I commanded you:
  12.   28 ¶ Now Absalom had commanded his servants, saying, Mark ye now when Amnon’s heart is merry with wine, and when I say unto you, Smite Amnon; then kill him, fear not: have not I commanded you? be acourageous, and be valiant.
  13.   23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, aObey my bvoice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
  14.   4 Which I commanded your fathers in the day that I brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, from the iron furnace, saying, aObey my voice, and do them, according to all which bI command you: so shall ye be my people, and I will be your God:
  15.   4 And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that my acovenant might be with Levi, saith the Lord of hosts.
  16.   20 aTeaching them to bobserve all things whatsoever I have ccommanded you: and, lo, I am dwith you alway, even unto the eend of the world. Amen.
  17.   14 Ye are my afriends, if ye do whatsoever I bcommand you.
          •  •  •
      17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
  18.   7 aBrethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
  19.   48 And now it came to pass that when I had spoken these words they were angry with me, and were desirous to throw me into the depths of the sea; and as they came forth to lay their hands upon me I spake unto them, saying: In the name of the Almighty God, I command you that ye atouch me not, for I am filled with the bpower of God, even unto the consuming of my flesh; and whoso shall lay his hands upon me shall cwither even as a dried reed; and he shall be as naught before the power of God, for God shall smite him.
  20.   9 And these are the words which he aspake and caused to be written, saying: My brethren, all ye that have assembled yourselves together, you that can hear my words which I shall speak unto you this day; for I have not commanded you to come up hither to btrifle with the words which I shall speak, but that you should chearken unto me, and open your ears that ye may hear, and your dhearts that ye may understand, and your eminds that the fmysteries of God may be unfolded to your view.
      10 I have not commanded you to come up hither that ye should fear ame, or that ye should think that I of myself am more than a mortal man.
          •  •  •
      13 Neither have I suffered that ye should be confined in dungeons, nor that ye should make slaves one of another, nor that ye should murder, or plunder, or steal, or commit adultery; nor even have I suffered that ye should commit any manner of wickedness, and have taught you that ye should keep the commandments of the Lord, in all things which he hath commanded you
  21.   28 I command you to bring Abinadi hither, that I may slay him, for he has said these things that he might astir up my people to anger one with another, and to raise contentions among my people; therefore I will slay him.
  22.   30 And I command you to do these things in the fear of the Lord; and I command you to do these things, and that ye have no king; that if these people commit sins and iniquities they shall be answered upon their own heads.
  23.   60 And now I say unto you that the good shepherd doth call after you; and if you will hearken unto his voice he will bring you into his fold, and ye are his sheep; and he commandeth you that ye suffer no ravenous wolf to enter among you, that ye may not be destroyed.
      61 And now I, Alma, do command you in the language of ahim who hath commanded me, that ye observe to do the words which I have spoken unto you.
      62 I speak by way of command unto you that belong to the church; and unto those who do not belong to the church I speak by way of invitation, saying: Come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye also may be partakers of the fruit of the atree of life.
  24.   12 Behold, now I say unto you that he commandeth you to repent; and except ye repent, ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God. But behold, this is not all—he has commanded you to repent, or he will utterly adestroy you from off the face of the earth; yea, he will visit you in his banger, and in his cfierce anger he will not turn away.
  25.   1 And now, my son Helaman, I command you that ye take the arecords which have been bentrusted with me;
      2 And I also command you that ye keep a arecord of this people, according as I have done, upon the plates of Nephi, and keep all these things sacred which I have kept, even as I have kept them; for it is for a bwise purpose that they are kept.
          •  •  •
      20 Therefore I command you, my son Helaman, that ye be diligent in fulfilling all my words, and that ye be diligent in keeping the commandments of God as they are written.
          •  •  •
      27 And now, my son, I command you that ye retain all their oaths, and their covenants, and their agreements in their secret abominations; yea, and all their asigns and their wonders ye shall bkeep from this people, that they know them not, lest peradventure they should fall into darkness also and be destroyed.
  26.   10 And I command you to take it upon you to counsel with your elder brothers in your undertakings; for behold, thou art in thy youth, and ye stand in need to be nourished by your brothers. And give heed to their counsel.
          •  •  •
      12 And now the Spirit of the Lord doth say unto me: aCommand thy children to do good, lest they blead away the hearts of many people to destruction; therefore I command you, my son, in the fear of God, that ye crefrain from your iniquities;
  27.   5 And now, Zerahemnah, I command you, in the name of that all-powerful God, who has strengthened our arms that we have gained power over you, aby our faith, by our religion, and by our brites of worship, and by our church, and by the sacred support which we owe to our cwives and our children, by that dliberty which binds us to our lands and our country; yea, and also by the maintenance of the sacred word of God, to which we owe all our happiness; and by all that is most dear unto us—
      6 Yea, and this is not all; I command you by all the desires which ye have for life, that ye adeliver up your weapons of war unto us, and we will seek not your blood, but we will bspare your lives, if ye will go your way and come not again to war against us.
  28.   11 And now behold, I command you, that ye shall go and declare unto this people, that thus saith the Lord God, who is the Almighty: Except ye repent ye shall be smitten, even unto adestruction.
  29.   28 And according as I have commanded you thus shall ye baptize. And there shall be no adisputations among you, as there have hitherto been; neither shall there be disputations among you concerning the points of my doctrine, as there have hitherto been.
  30.   19 And behold, I have given you the law and the commandments of my Father, that ye shall believe in me, and that ye shall repent of your sins, and come unto me with a abroken heart and a contrite spirit. Behold, ye have the commandments before you, and the blaw is fulfilled.
      20 Therefore acome unto me and be ye saved; for verily I say unto you, that except ye shall keep my bcommandments, which I have commanded you at this time, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
  31.   4 And I command you that ye shall awrite these sayings after I am gone, that if it so be that my people at Jerusalem, they who have seen me and been with me in my ministry, do not ask the Father in my name, that they may receive a knowledge of you by the Holy Ghost, and also of the other tribes whom they know not of, that these sayings which ye shall write shall be kept and shall be manifested unto the bGentiles, that through the fulness of the Gentiles, the remnant of their seed, who shall be scattered forth upon the face of the earth because of their cunbelief, may be brought in, or may be brought to a dknowledge of me, their Redeemer.
  32.   10 And when the Disciples had done this, Jesus said unto them: Blessed are ye for this thing which ye have done, for this is fulfilling my commandments, and this doth witness unto the Father that ye are awilling to do that which I have commanded you.
          •  •  •
      33 Therefore, keep these sayings which I have commanded you that ye come not under acondemnation; for wo unto him whom the Father condemneth.
  33.   2 And now, behold, this shall you say unto him—he who spake unto you, said unto you: I, the Lord, am God, and have given these things unto you, my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and have commanded you that you should stand as a awitness of these things;
      3 And I have caused you that you should enter into a acovenant with me, that you should not bshow them except to those cpersons to whom I commanded you; and you have no dpower over them except I grant it unto you.
      4 And you have a gift to atranslate the plates; and this is the first gift that I bestowed upon you; and I have commanded that you should pretend to no other gift until my purpose is fulfilled in this; for I will grant unto you no other gift until it is finished.
          •  •  •
      21 And now I command you, my servant Joseph, to arepent and bwalk more uprightly before me, and to yield to the cpersuasions of men no more;
      22 And that you be afirm in bkeeping the commandments wherewith I have commanded you; and if you do this, behold I grant unto you ceternal life, even if you should be dslain.
          •  •  •
      29 And if this be the case, I command you, my servant Joseph, that you shall say unto him, that he shall do no more, nor trouble me any more concerning this matter.
  34.   27 And now I command you, that if you have good desires—a desire to lay up atreasures for yourself in heaven—then shall you assist in bringing to light, with your gift, those parts of my bscriptures which have been hidden because of iniquity.
          •  •  •
      35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and asin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
  35.   13 Do this thing which I have commanded you, and you shall aprosper. Be faithful, and yield to no btemptation.
  36.   15 Behold, I command you that you need not suppose that you are acalled to bpreach cuntil you are called.
  37.   3 And if you know that they are true, behold, I give unto you a commandment, that you arely upon the things which are bwritten;
  38.   13 Wherefore, I command you to repent, and keep the acommandments which you have received by the hand of my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., in my name;
          •  •  •
      15 Therefore I command you to repent—repent, lest I asmite you by the rod of my mouth, and by my wrath, and by my anger, and your bsufferings be sore—how sore you know not, how exquisite you know not, yea, how hard to bear you know not.
          •  •  •
      20 Wherefore, I command you again to repent, lest I ahumble you with my almighty power; and that you bconfess your sins, lest you suffer these cpunishments of which I have spoken, of which in the smallest, yea, even in the least degree you have dtasted at the time I withdrew my Spirit.
      21 And I command you that you apreach naught but repentance, and show bnot these things unto the world until it is wisdom in me.
  39.   13 Require not amiracles, except I shall bcommand you, except ccasting out ddevils, ehealing the sick, and against fpoisonous serpents, and against deadly poisons;
  40.   4 And your home shall be at your afather’s house, until I give unto you further commandments. And you shall attend to the bministry in the church, and before the world, and in the regions round about. Amen.
          •  •  •
      10 And your labor shall be at your brother Philip Burroughs’, and in that region round about, yea, wherever you can be heard, until I command you to go from hence.
  41.   3 For verily I say, as ye have assembled yourselves together according to the acommandment wherewith I commanded you, and are agreed as btouching this one thing, and have asked the Father in my name, even so ye shall receive.
  42.   72 And now I say unto you, keep these things from going abroad unto the world until it is expedient in me, that ye may accomplish this work in the eyes of the people, and in the eyes of your enemies, that they may not know your works until ye have accomplished the thing which I have commanded you;
  43.   1 Hearken unto my word, my servants Sidney, and Parley, and Leman; for behold, verily I say unto you, that I give unto you a commandment that you shall go and apreach my gospel which ye have received, even as ye have received it, unto the Shakers.
          •  •  •
      26 Behold, I say unto you, go forth as I have commanded you; repent of all your sins; aask and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened unto you.
  44.   9 And let every man deal ahonestly, and be alike among this people, and receive alike, that ye may be bone, even as I have commanded you.
  45.   2 Behold, I, the Lord, who was acrucified for the sins of the world, give unto you a commandment that you shall bforsake the world.
  46.   7 For if you will that I give unto you a place in the acelestial world, you must bprepare yourselves by cdoing the things which I have commanded you and required of you.
          •  •  •
      20 Wherefore, do the things which I have commanded you, saith your Redeemer, even the Son aAhman, who prepareth all things before he btaketh you;
  47.   8 And again, I say unto you, I give unto you a anew commandment, that you may understand my will concerning you;
  48.   61 For I will aforgive you of your sins with this commandment—that you remain bsteadfast in your minds in csolemnity and the spirit of prayer, in bearing dtestimony to all the world of those things which are communicated unto you.
  49.   74 And I give unto you, who are the first alaborers in this last kingdom, a commandment that you assemble yourselves together, and organize yourselves, and prepare yourselves, and bsanctify yourselves; yea, purify your hearts, and ccleanse your hands and your feet before me, that I may make you dclean;
          •  •  •
      77 And I give unto you a commandment that you shall ateach one another the bdoctrine of the kingdom.
          •  •  •
      117 Therefore, verily I say unto you, my afriends, call your solemn assembly, as I have bcommanded you.
  50.   12 And now, verily I say unto you, I give unto you a commandment that you continue in the aministry and presidency.
          •  •  •
      27 And thereby you be hindered in accomplishing those things which I have commanded you.
     
  51.   2 And again, I say unto you my servant Frederick G. Williams, you shall be a lively member in this order; and inasmuch as you are faithful in keeping all former commandments you shall be blessed forever. Amen.
  52.   20 For if you keep my acommandments you shall receive of his bfulness, and be cglorified in me as I am in the Father; therefore, I say unto you, you shall receive dgrace for grace.
          •  •  •
      40 But I have commanded you to bring up your achildren in blight and truth.
  53.   10 And again, verily I say unto you, the second lot on the south shall be dedicated unto me for the building of a house unto me, for the work of the aprinting of the btranslation of my scriptures, and all things whatsoever I shall command you.
          •  •  •
      12 And this house shall be wholly dedicated unto the Lord from the foundation thereof, for the work of the printing, in all things whatsoever I shall command you, to be holy, undefiled, according to the pattern in all things as it shall be given unto you.
  54.   7 And for this cause I gave unto you a commandment that you should call your asolemn assembly, that your bfastings and your cmourning might come up into the ears of the Lord of dSabaoth, which is by interpretation, the ecreator of the first day, the beginning and the end.
      8 Yea, verily I say unto you, I gave unto you a commandment that you should abuild a house, in the which house I design to bendow those whom I have cchosen with power from on high;
      9 For this is the apromise of the Father unto you; therefore I command you to tarry, even as mine apostles at Jerusalem.
          •  •  •
      11 Verily I say unto you, it is my will that you should build a house. aIf you keep my commandments you shall have power to build it.
  55.   22 And again I say unto you, if ye observe to ado whatsoever I command you, I, the Lord, will turn away all bwrath and indignation from you, and the cgates of hell shall not prevail against you.
  56.   53 Ought ye not to have done even as I commanded you, and—after ye had planted the vineyard, and built the hedge round about, and set watchmen upon the walls thereof—built the tower also, and set a awatchman upon the tower, and watched for my vineyard, and not have fallen asleep, lest the enemy should come upon you?
          •  •  •
      60 And he said unto his servant: When I will; go ye straightway, and do all things whatsoever I have commanded you;
  57.   1 Verily I say unto you, my friends, behold, I will give unto you a revelation and commandment, that you may know how to aact in the discharge of your duties concerning the salvation and bredemption of your brethren, who have been scattered on the land of Zion;
  58.   58 And for this purpose I have commanded you to organize yourselves, even to print amy words, the fulness of my scriptures, the revelations which I have given unto you, and which I shall, hereafter, from time to time give unto you
  59.   6 And as thou hast said in a arevelation, given to us, calling us thy friends, saying—Call your solemn assembly, as I have commanded you;
  60.   8 Therefore, I command you to abuild a house unto me, for the gathering together of my saints, that they may bworship me.
  61.   31 But I command you, all ye my saints, to abuild a house unto me; and I grant unto you a sufficient time to build a house unto me; and during this time your baptisms shall be acceptable unto me.
          •  •  •
      55 And again, verily I say unto you, I command you again to build a ahouse to my name, even in this place, that you may bprove yourselves unto me that ye are cfaithful in all things whatsoever I command you, that I may bless you, and crown you with honor, immortality, and eternal life.
      56 And now I say unto you, as pertaining to my boarding ahouse which I have commanded you to build for the boarding of strangers, let it be built unto my name, and let my name be named upon it, and let my servant Joseph and his house have place therein, from generation to generation.
  62.   3 I therefore command you to asend my word abroad, and take especial bcare of your family from this time, henceforth and forever. Amen.
  63.   7 You will discover in this quotation that the books were opened; and another book was opened, which was the book of life; but the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works; consequently, the books spoken of must be the books which contained the record of their works, and refer to the arecords which are kept on the earth. And the book which was the bbook of life is the record which is kept in heaven; the principle agreeing precisely with the doctrine which is commanded you in the revelation contained in the letter which I wrote to you previous to my leaving my place—that in all your recordings it may be recorded in heaven.
  64.   51 Verily, I say unto you: A commandment I give unto mine handmaid, Emma Smith, your wife, whom I have given unto you, that she stay herself and partake not of that which I commanded you to offer unto her; for I did it, saith the Lord, to aprove you all, as I did Abraham, and that I might require an offering at your hand, by covenant and sacrifice.
  65.   32 (And these are the words which I spake unto my servant Moses, and they are true even as I will; and I have spoken them unto you. See thou show them unto no man, until I command you, except to them that believe. Amen.)
  66.  

No comments:

Post a Comment